Javier Gómez Noya continues his preparation for the ITU World Triathlon Series from home, like everyone else, because not all the tests of the Tour are postponed and perhaps the world circuit could be resumed in Yokohama, so the five-time world champion and Olympic runner-up should to continue with your preparation.
Javi pays special attention to hydration to recover the salts lost when training indoors, taking Isotonic Drink or Sub9 Energy Drink from 226ERS depending on the hours that he will be training throughout the day, and adds some gel if the session is very intense, or if you combine strength with another workout where you can go anaerobic and pull more muscle glucose.
Noya is lucky to have a roller and a treadmill at home to train. These two modalities combine them with a good work of strength, in the absence of a pool, to continue in the best possible shape, also taking care of food and nutrition, because, although it seems not, demanding yourself at home at the level of a professional wears out a lot Because mentally you are less used to this situation, and training can be more tedious and difficult to endure.
In the morning, train on the bike on the roller, combining long aerobic sessions of up to three hours with little development and agility in pedaling, with changes of pace for power without being excessively long, such as 2 sets of 4×5 ’. In the afternoons, when it is his turn, he runs on the treadmill for a maximum of one hour, trying to maintain a sustained medium-intense rhythm that makes him have a high pulse close to his threshold.
In the strength sessions, warm up 10 minutes and work mainly core, arms and gluteus in different exercises:
– On ‘four legs’ stretch your right arm and left leg, and change. Perform 3 sets of 10 repetitions with each side.
– Lying on your back in driving position, stretch your right arm and left leg and change sides. Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions with each side.
– Face up, in a bridge position with the hip raised, alternately raise the right and left knees 20 times with each. Perform 3 series.
– Supported with the hands on a table, and the legs stretched, flex and stretch the elbows so that the body rises and falls, working the triceps. Do 4 sets of 10 reps.
– Standing, with two dumbbells, open and close your arms. Perform 4 sets of 10 repetitions.
– In the same position as the previous one, and also with the dumbbells, it braces just like running. Do 4 sets of 30 total reps.
– Lying on your back, support your left ankle on your right leg. He puts his right hand behind his head and with his right elbow he is going to touch his left knee to work the oblique abs. Do 15 repetitions with each side and three sets.
– In plank position (upside down) perform 4 sets of 30 ”each time.
At the end of the strength session, stretch your shoulders and chest in a column for 5 minutes, also behind your head, lying on the floor with your back, gluteus and pyramids.