High protein bars. 50% protein and less than 1g of sugar.
- Each bar contains 25g of high-quality protein extracted from sources such as casein, egg and milk products, all with high quantities of essential and branched-chain amino acids.
With these tips the capture of amino acids by the body is aided, taking advantage of the “open window” and accelerating recovery. This way positive adaptations of the workout are maximised and the body is prepared for the next workout load.
They also contain:
- Vitamin B6: In charge of metabolising amino acids, this makes it an ideal product for aiding muscle recovery after strength training or competition.
- Before training: 1 bar 40 minutes to an hour before, so the body has sufficient time to correctly assimilate the nutrients and to achieve greater performance due to delayed fatigue and reduced risk of muscle injury.
- After training: 1 bar during the 30 minutes after finishing the training session.
- After competing: 1 bar an hour for two hours after a competition.
- For extra recovery: 1 bar at breakfast the day after an exhausting long training session or competition.
- However, if the aim is to increase protein intake, Neo-protein can also be used as a snack, taken every 5-6 hours.
As this product focuses on muscle and tissue recovery, it is recommended in combination with:
- Products with high levels of carbohydrates (endurance bar, evo bar, energy
drink) to replenish muscle glycogen deposits and optimise the overall recovery process.